World No Tobacco Day being observed today to raise awareness about damage caused by consuming tobacco.
- The theme of World No Tobacco Day is “Protect the Environment”:
– 600000000 Trees chopped down to make cigarettes.
– 84000000 Tons of CO2 Emissions released into the air raising global temperatures.
– 22000000000 Tons of water used to make cigarettes.
- Tobacco kills our population.
Tobacco kills more than 8 million people each year. More than 7 million of those deaths result from direct tobacco use, while around 1.2 million are the result of non-smokers being exposed to second-hand smoke.